Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another year....

Paul Granada
April 10, 1981 - October 28, 2005


I can hardly believe as I type these words, that is has been 3 years since my brother Paul left us. Every year around Halloween time, I feel like just hiding and make believe that none of this ever happened, but the reality of it is, he is really gone. As we all get older, and the kids grow up I realize just how much he really missed out on. It wasn't worth it Paul, it really wasn't. If you knew Paul, you know he was warm, gentle, and kind. So out of his character to remove himself from all of our lives. I know about depression... We all get depressed at some point and time in out lives and experience these feelings. The difference is some of us don't snap out of it like we should. Mental illness is just that..... an illness. I assure you if Paul was in his "right mind" this wouldn't have happened. It's very important to bring light to Mental Illness and support those programs in search of funding to increase awareness on a bigger scale.
I will be walking on October 18, 2008 in memory of my brother Paul. I encourage you to read up on Suicide Awareness. If I had known what I know now about Suicide and the warning signs, my brother would probably be alive.

For information on suicide prevention please visit:
http://www.afsp.org/
http://suicidehotlines.com/

6 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Grace - Paul is waiting to give us all big hugs in heaven. I bet he is up there making everyone laugh with his funny antics and silly jokes. I miss him so much too. I can't believe three years have passed. Sometimes when I think of something so sarcastic yet so funny, I still think oh Paul would totally laugh at that!! He is always in my heart, as is the rest of your beautiful family!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace this is Neysa. I miss him too! I cant believe its been 3 years... I'm grateful that I was able to know him. He is such a funny guy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I sent the invite. Let me know if you have any problems.

sheridan said...

I'm so sorry about you losing your mother I had no idea. I know that it is very difficult talking about someone that you lost so soon. I know this is not the same thing, but my mother died of leukemia on easter in 2001. It is hard for me to celebrate Easter at this time. Now, I give money to cancer research as an ongoing search for a cure. God bless, Sheridan Gay

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Thanks for writing that sis,
I miss him.