Monday, July 28, 2008

12 Days to go!!!

As you probably read before, I hurt my knee about a week after being here.. Don't know what happened ( I think I pulled a ligament or something on our first excursion to Salamanca).
Well, my host "mom" has 2 houses.. The first one being about 45 minutes away from our school, which is where I was staying.... and the other a cool retro place about 5 minutes from the school. The only thing is.... this apt. is a little run down. Either way, I would rather live here than keep injuring my knee, so I asked her if I could stay in the retro place, and she was cool with it. So after signing a waiver for UTA stating they weren't liable for anything that happened to me or my belongings , ( since the place is a little inhabitable ) I moved in.
The apt. is huge in comparison with the "pisos" here.. Pisos are the apartement flats. It's been nice having the whole place to myself... having friends over to study or whatever. I have internet connection, which is a luxury, and a washer. Things are not too shabby for me.
The only thing I would love is that the host "mom" feeds me. When I moved out she gave me 10 euros, and I've practically had to buy my own food since then. Kind of a problem, b/c it's relatively expensive to do anything here, even eat, and the food was included in the price of my trip. I'm not going to say anything to her... because I don't feel like I should be put in that position, and plus... If you know me.... I just won't say anything to her because I don't feel comfortable.
My life here has been pretty cool so far, besides the homesickness at the beginning.

No comments: