Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spain

I guess I can talk a little about my stay here so far..... The people here are very straight faced and not very friendly to outsiders. Nothing like good 'ole country charm here, like we find in Texas. When I first arrived, I thought it was a little difficult to walk everywhere... I don't mind it as much now. The weather has been particularly diffictult to deal with since it's 85-90 degrees during the day and suddenly drops to 55-60 at night. (it's undertstandable since Valladolid has somewhat high altitude)
The coolest thing is the night life on the weekends. What I mean by night life is not the clubbing scene, but everyone gets together at the Plaza Mayor - you know.... like the town square. People have their dinner around 10pm, and then go out, to socialize... it's great..
I've enjoyed my stay here so far... I got really homesick about the 2nd week in, but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel...Can't wait to be home in 2 and a half weeks.
There's more to say but I will have to think and come back.. gotta go for now.

1 comment:

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I'm so glad you are not homesick, I was depressed for you! I'm so glad to see you soon!!!!!